3207 Weir, Suite 117 San Antonio, TX 78226 (210) 432-1534

Frequently Asked Questions

◊  What if I don't have a Social Security Number?

     If you are from a foreign country, you need to obtain an ITIN number from IRS.  We can file an application (W-7) to obtain an ITIN number which will accompany the tax return to IRS.  You need to bring in a birth certificate and photo ID (matricula) to apply for ITIN number.

◊  What type of information do I need to take and have my taxes prepared?

      You need to bring all W-2's and/or 1099's issued to you by your employer, or self employed earnings.  All financial organizations in which you earned interest, paid mortagage and real taxes, and/or paid student loan interest.  

      You will also need names, social security numbers, and dates of birth for you, your spouse, and all dependents.   

◊ Who can I claim on my income tax return?

     You can determine dependent eligibility by taking the Qualifying Person Test (page 3)   at the following link.

◊  Do I have to file an income tax return?

     Yes: if you have income of $ 9,350 and filling Single, or $ 18,700 Married Filing Joint.  If you made less and you were deducted income tax, you don't have to file, but you should file to get the taxes refunded to you.

      Yes:  If you have any type of income and have dependent child(ren) that qualify for Earned Income Credit.

◊   If I e-file my Tax Form, when will I recieve my refund?

            Please read the attached file          E-File Deadlines

◊  What tax form is best for me?

    1040 EZ

              Your taxable income is below $100,000

              Your filing status is single or Married Filling Jointly

              You and your spouse - if married -- are under age 65 and not blind

              You are not claiming any dependents

              Your interest income is $ 1,500 or less

              You are not claiming the additional standard deduction for real estate taxes, taxes

                             on the purchase of a new motor vehicle, or disaster losses.

     1040 A

              Your taxable income is below $100,000

              You have capital gain distributions

              You claim certain tax credits

              You claim deductions for IRA contributions, student loan interest, educator

                             exprenses or higher education tuition fees.


              Your taxable income is $100,000 or more

              You claim itemized deductions

              You are reporting self-employment income

              You are reporting income from sale of property





Walk-Ins Welcome

Se Habla Espanol

Not a CPA firm, member of  

CCH Small Firm Services for Federal Income Taxes.


TEMPORARY  HOURS until the end  of 2013,

sent email to [email protected]